We are absolutely devastated by the impact the bushfires have had across Australia in recent weeks and months.
Metalbird Australia, in conjuction with our sister company animalia-art, is donating $5,000. In addition, we will donate 20% of all online sales from today for the next 4 weeks.
How else can I help?
There are many ways that you can support the Bushfire relief efforts with every little bit counting.
Below is a list of a few of the other foundations that you can donate to:
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service (Volunteer Firefighters in the Sydney and greater NSW regional areas)
- Victoria Country Fire Service (Firefighters and communities in the Melbourne and greater VIC regional areas)
- WIRES (wildlife rescue)
- Gippsland Emergency Relief (Volunteers and communities in the Gippsland area, VIC)
- Wildlife Victoria
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital (Injured Koalas and replenishing lost Koala habitats
If you aren't financially able to donate then please consider these other ways that you can help:
- Leave water out for wildlife which may be dehydrated from the heat and the blazes. WIRES suggests leaving containers of water in shady spots so they stay cool as long as possible, and change the water at least daily.
- Donate blood - The Red Cross's blood donation service, Lifeblood, says they're going to need more donations - especially as the bushfire crisis worsens. You can find out where to give blood, and if you're eligible to donate, here.
If you choose to support our fundraising efforts, thank you for doing so. We hope that our Metalbird and animalia-art communities will assist us in our efforts to help fellow Australians as much as possible.